This was some of the beautiful scenery we encountered while we were on our little getaway. Breathtaking isn't it? The trees, the wild flowers, the fog in the air, the smell of rain...
Oh right and don't let me forget the sound of screams and splashing as a wave of muddy water come crashing down on your head. I should have known he was up to something...history repeats itself. (And of course this picture was taken after numerous trips through this and many other "puddles")
And here is the end result...you should have seen the rest of us. Thank heavens for travel trailers and showers.
This is Madison on the kids quad they just got. She spent many hours circling camp with her good buddy Brad. Notice there is not one of Porter...after his last spill on our previous camping trip the thought of driving is less than appealing.
Oh yes another highlight was the beautiful boat ride with wonderful scenery and fishing and don't let me forget the constant whining and complaining of our children as they beat into our heads how boring it was and that the fish were not biting and I want to go back to camp and where is Brad and yadda ta yadda ta yadda ta. That is until we gave up two hours into our four hour time slot and headed for shore... of course now hearing how much fun it was and how they didn't want to go back to shore they wanted to stay on the boat. Needless to say we went back to camp and Pat needed a nap. I did manage to get a few photos of our fantastic and last boat trip with the kids. (for a while anyway)
This is Jacob terrified, not moving, and obviously not enjoying himself (very unlike him) as we boarded the boat. Could it be the fact that we have drilled into his head how dangerous water is or the life jacket choking him? Either way it didn't take long for him to return to his dare devil little self again climbing around on the boat, holding onto the sides and jumping up and down, leaning over just to the brink of falling in so he could get his finger tips into the water. Ahhh sweet memories.
The scenery around the boat was actually very pretty minus the noise and chaos inside the boat. This was a pretty picture of a Bald Eagle high up in the trees. And had we made it to the end of our four hour time slot like George and Lanette we would have seen it swoop down and catch a fish from the water. Oh well, pretty none the less.
And as always there was plenty of games, fishing, food, chatting, and laughter.
4 comments:
Cami,
I came across your blog and I hope you don't mind me visiting. (I also hope you remember me.) Your children are so cute. It sounds like you are having a wonderful summer.
What a fun trip, you guys are the camping afficianadoes. Where do you get the energy. We haven't camped outside our backyard in years. We love to do it, but the thought of all the preparations quickly turns the enthusiasm to dread.
What a fun trip! That's just like Pat...always with a trick up his sleeve. I love reading your blog... I check it almost daily! I can't wait to get home so we can catch up! Miss ya!
Cami,
I don't know if you remember who I am..but I will tell you anyways. I am Katies cousin Jenny. I remember when we were all so little and we would go over to your house.
Post a Comment