Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Porter

Sometimes it is good just to put the past behind you. Well I have been meaning to go through and post the last six months of our lives so I would have everything in order, however time is not on my side as of late so I am putting the past off for a while and I am moving to the present.
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY PORTER

His actual Birthday on March 6th we just had cupcakes at home and Madi made his this fab birthday hat while I was a work.

HUNTING PARTY!!!!



We played games, opened presents and ate Elk Droppings, Cake and Ice Cream


"Stuff the Hunter"
For this game we put the kids in two groups and one person from each group had to race to get dressed in their camo attire then their team had to stuff as many balloons as they could up in the camo shirt. The kids loved it and laughed the entire game.

This game involved a cross bow, a deer blind, a foam deer and a lot of patients on the kids part.

Each kid got to go into the tent with guide Patrick and take a shot at...


The yellow deer grazing on the green rolling hills of the couch. The trick to this game was to keep the kids out of the line of fire. The crossbow shot rather quickly (I know that because I am always a moving target for my husband). That poor deer was shot ten times and was still going strong by the end of the day.

Happy Birthday to you....make a wish.

and the opening of the presents which always fun to watch but it is equally exciting for all of the kids, they even act surprised when their presents are opened. There is just nothing like a birthday party to make you appreciate the simple things in life.

The kids all went home with a camo goody bag filled with trail mix, deer droppings (whoppers and milk duds) a squirt gun, noise makers and candy.
Happy Birthday Porter
You are such a fun little boy. Although you may look a little more like me you are your father through and through from your sense of humor to all about hunting and everything in between. We love you lots and lots.

12 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

What a fun party!!! I especially liked Cami's floating head above the green couch. Hilarious! I think I am going to re-create this exact party for Adam's next birthday-it would be a dream come true for him. Happy birthday Porter! We love you sooooo much!

Justin, Leta, Isaac, Katie, & Miles Robinson said...

You guys are the cutest family. I love your creative ideas. Way to go.

Teena said...

Looks like a fun birthday party! Your kids are getting so big! They are all so cute!

The Herberts said...

Happy Birthday Porter! We are SO happy we were able to be apart of your fabulous birthday fun! It was a blast!

Taylor Family said...

Geez, Cami.....you are amazing! I love Porter so much and it looks like he had the time of his life. Cute, Cute, Cute party ideas and perfect for such a sweet boy. I can't believe he is 5......WOW! Can't wait to see you guys. LOVE YA!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORTER!!

Becky said...

Will you invite Rob to Porter's next birthday party? Between the hunting games, elk dropping, and putting boobs on a cake, girl, what don't you do??? :)

Jackie said...

Can't believe our Porter's are 5! What fun games at his party!

Laura said...

Cami you really are amazing! Porter come over and play already so Maverik can quit asking for you!!!

Candice said...

How FUN!! You are always so creative! Braxtons 5th Birthday is the end of this month. any cool ideas?

Taylor Family said...

Hey Cam, I was so ticked that we missed you guys. Another brilliant party, with another gorgeous cake. Good job Cami. Man with all you have going on you don't miss a beat.

Candice Eborn said...

Hey Porter boy! We hope you had a great birthday. Cami you make excellent theme parties, you should go into business! I hope that things are going well for you guys, we miss you.